Genprex Demonstrates Growth and Expansion Through Recent Achievements
August 13, 2019
Company’s recent performance sets path for future milestones, commercialization
AUSTIN, Texas & CAMBRIDGE, Mass.— (August 13,2019) — Genprex, Inc.(NASDAQ: GNPX), a clinical-stage gene therapy company, today announced recent achievements the company has completed as a part of the company’s overall strategy to expand its clinical development programs and bring its lead drug candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy, to commercialization.
“Since Genprex’s IPO last year, we have made significant progress in many areas of the company, including progress toward expansion of our clinical programs and sponsored research, our manufacturing process development and scalability, and the growth of our team to support these initatives,” said Rodney Varner, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Genprex. “These accomplishments have set the stage for us to continue on our path of growth and expansion, enabling our efforts to bring our drug candidate to market for lung cancer patients who cannot benefit from today’s therapies.”
Genprex’s updates to ongoing activities, include:
- Announced positive pre-clinical findings from MD Anderson Cancer Center Sponsored Research Agreement studying the effects of TUSC2 with pembrolizumab at American Association of Cancer Research meeting
- Developed Oncoprex and immunotherapy combination clinical trial design
- Collaborated with Addison Whitney for drug nomenclature branding program and submission of non-proprietary drug name selections
- Initiated manufacturing process development with key manufacturing partners to support clinical expansion and manufacturing scale-up processes
- Completed manufacturing of TUSC2 DNA plasmid to support clinical trial ramp-up
- Appointed Key Staff: Senior Director of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Manufacturing and Senior Manager of Communications and Marketing
- USPTO issued two additional patents to add to our intellectual property portfolio
- Identified potential new clinical sites for expansion of Oncoprex and erlotinib combination clinical trial
- Appointed Key Staff: VP of Clinical Operations
- Completion of clinical data reconciliation within a CDISC/SDTM-compliant database
- Initiated clinical site selection and expansion program with CRO partner
- Initialization of sponsored pre-clinical research with MD Anderson Cancer Center to evaluate TUSC2 with immunotherapies including immune checkpoint inhibitors anti-PD1 and CTLA-4
- Continued execution and enhancement of strategy for manufacturing technology transfer and scale-up initiatives
About Genprex, Inc.
Genprex, Inc. is a clinical stage gene therapy company developing potentially life-changing technologies for cancer patients, based upon a unique proprietary technology platform, including Genprex’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Genprex’s platform technologies are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities. Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action whereby it interrupts cell signaling pathways that cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells, re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance. For more information, please visit the company’s web site at www.genprex.com or follow Genprex on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Statements contained in this press release regarding matters that are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the effects of Oncoprex on cancer and our ability to continue to grow and expand our business and to bring our drug candidates to market. Risks and uncertainties that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements include the presence and level of TUSC2’s effect on cancer, the timing and success of our clinical trials and planned clinical trials of TUSC2 and Oncoprex™ and our other potential product candidates and the timing and success of obtaining FDA approval of Oncoprex™ and our other potential product candidates. These and other risks and uncertainties are described more fully under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in our filings and reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date on which they were made. We undertake no obligation to update such statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made.
(877) 774-GNPX (4679)