Genprex seeks a Corporate Controller to join its Finance and Accounting Team. This individual will report to Genprex’s Chief Financial Officer. This individual will be responsible for managing the Company’s internal and external audits, SEC reporting, and technical accounting documentation. The individual will work closely with members of the Finance and Accounting Team and will collaborate with each of the Company’s operations departments.
- Ownership of month end close process.
- Review financial statement package and perform flux analyses.
- Main contact with external auditors.
- Manage quarterly review and annual audits.
- Provide PBC items and address additional requests or questions.
- Provide guidance to the accounting operations team.
- Improve efficiencies and shorten the close process.
- Monitor and interpret FASB new pronouncements.
- Oversee the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Manage technical accounting and processes related to stock-based compensation, leases, capital expenditures, and clinical trial accruals.
- Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage external financial reporting process and prepare SEC filings (10-Q/10-K/8-K) to ensure compliance with SEC rules and regulations and U.S. GAAP guidance.
- Partner with Legal to prepare Annual Proxy Statements.
- Maintain the SEC filing calendar and strive to achieve completion on time.
- Support the CFO with the preparation of quarterly audit committee presentations and other audit committee related reports as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Active CPA status preferred.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in accounting, preferably a mix of public accounting and industry. At least 4 years at management positions with progressing responsibilities and demonstrated experience managing corporate accounting teams, including technical accounting in a publicly traded company.
- Strong technical accounting background. Expertise in equity accounting and lease accounting (ASC842). Ability to comprehend complex transactions, research accounting literature and guidance, apply to subject matter, draft white paper memos.
- Hands-on experience in SEC reporting from the initial draft to final filing with SEC.
- Able to coordinate external audit activities and internal control systems.
- Experience in biotechnology a plus but not required.
- Deep knowledge about Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Proven ability to identify process inefficiencies, offer recommendation for improvements and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently, manage deadlines, and balance competing priorities.
- Experience in NetSuite ERP systems highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be a “self-starter” with a problem-solver attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company.